FILIPINYIN (Filipino Alphasyllabary)


Filipinyin is my own Filipino alphasyllabary, my own version of a modified Baybayin writing system.

Filipin + yin = Filipino + sound

The Filipinyin script is based on the Filipino phonetic alphabet [consisting of 28 letters: A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, L, M, N, Ñ, Ng, O, P, Q, R, S, T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z (pronounced /ey/, /bi/, /si/, /di/, /i/, /ef/, /dyi/, /eyts/, /ay/, /dyey/, /key/, /el/, /em/, /en/, /enye/, /endyi/, /o/, /pi/, /kyu/, /ar/, /es/, /ti/, /yu/, /vi/, /dobolyu/, /eks/, /way/, /zi/)].

All 26 Filipinyin letters sound like the English alphabet except for two (the Ñ and Ng).

Almost all of the characters and their typefaces came from Baybayin sources as well. I have to use various kudlits (diacritic marks) just to show each letters pronunciation. So there are no default vowel sounds for consonants. Also, I have abandoned the vowel-killers and modified some Baybayin characters to make the Filipinyin script really comprehensible.

Shown in the image below are the characters of my Filipinyin script:

Comments

Popular Posts